Soot Removal Features:
- CO2 spray removes soot generated from laser welding operations;
- Works with stainless to stainless, inconel to stainless and moly welds;
- Flexible to configure to the laser welder;
- Capable for cleaning pre-weld and post-weld applications;
- Automated or retrofits on existing tooling.
Soot removal of devices after laser welding results in unwanted metal oxide particles, or soot, which contaminates the surface of the weld and require cleaning. CO2 spray cleaning ensures pre-weld and post weld cleanliness by removing the laser soot. This technology eliminates the many traditional manual cleaning techniques by removing these sub-micron residues with this no-touch cleaning technology.
High value soot removal has been demonstrated in medical device manufacturing applications as well as HDD assembly systems.