ChilAire™ - Machining Coolant Systems
Cool Clean Technologies’ ChilAire™ CO2 Machining Coolant Systems are the newest and most effective cooling technology in today’s machining world and is environmentally friendly.
Current ChilAire™ customers include Aerospace, Medical, Transportation, and Energy customers along with many smaller shops that machine a variety of materials.
Any industry that requires clean production, very close tolerances or reduced labor costs is appropriate for the ChilAire™ Machine Coolant Systems.
ChilAire’s systems will reduce cutting heat, eliminate coolant maintenance and improve your bottom line!
SEE OUR FULL-LINE OF MACHINE COOLANT SYSTEMS
How ChilAire™ Works
ChilAireTM Machine Coolant Systems transports the chips and absorbs the heat away from the cutting edges of the tool. Holding the tool at ambient temperatures is an important factor in tool performance.
When tooling with standard low pressure coolant systems, there is so much heat produced that conventional coolant boils away before it can reach the chip tool interface where metal is actually cut. This super heated steam forms a barrier that low-pressure coolant can’t penetrate. Effective cooling does not occur and there is little real lubrication provided. The ChilAireTM system’s coolant prevents this vapor barrier from forming by blasting solid CO2 crystals through the heat barrier.
Tools last longer, chips do not weld, metal is cut at higher surface speeds, and temperatures are held at ambient to prevent damaging chemical reactions to occur on the surface of the work piece.
The patented The ChilAireTM Machine Coolant System’s working principle is as follows:
Compressed gaseous CO2 is refrigerated into the liquid phase. The chilled liquid is transported through a proprietary mechanism to a nozzle where it is converted to solid crystals. Compressed air is then delivered to the nozzle to force the crystals into the cut zone where they provide temperature control of the tool.
Internal Through Spindle:
Compressed gaseous CO2 is refrigerated into the liquid phase. The chilled liquid is transported through a proprietary mechanism and delivered to the spindle simultaneously with compressed CO2 gas. The mixture travels through the spindle, out to the tip of the tool and as it exits into the atmosphere the liquid CO2 is allowed to expand into crystals that deliver controlled cooling to the cutting zone, while the spindle remains ambient.
The system can simultaneously deliver an additional medium such as oil for lubrication, if desired.
The ChilAireTM offers three external standard spray applicator sizes to meet your exact cooling requirements.
ChilAire™: Increases Productivity
With the ChilAire™ Machine Coolant System, you will experience faster speeds and feeds, as well as deeper depths of cut. The result is a higher material removal rate and faster throughput.
You can also see significant savings by elimination of other processes such as industrial coolants and oil. Our customers have shown increases from 20-75% faster throughput than with conventional machining coolant or dry machining.
Here is how:
- Significantly less friction in the cutting zone. The ChilAire™ Machine Coolant System has been proven to significantly reduce friction in the cut. When you have less friction, you can machine faster and deeper!
- Less tool changes. Each time a tool fails, the CNC machine needs to be shut down, the tool removed, a new tool located and installed and then the program needs to be restarted. This entire process can take precious minutes away from your actual production. The ChilAire™ system allows you to go longer between tool changes keeping your tool in the cut for extended periods of time.
- No part cleaning-post process. Many shops spend hours each day cleaning the machining coolant off of the machined parts for the next process. Whether you paint, weld, polish or just box up for shipping, the ChilAire™ system leaves the part dry and clean.
- Elimination of finishing cuts. Many times the ChilAire™ system will give a superior surface finish that will not require a finish cut.
- Reduction of polishing time. If you require a polished part after machining, you may see a reduction of the time needed to reach your specification because the ChilAire™ system leaves a superior finish after machining.
With the high cost of labor in today’s workplace, the ChilAire™ system can possibly save your company tens of thousands per month!
Experience the new standard of machine coolant and cutting fluid!
ChilAire™: Increases Tool Life
The ChilAire™ system keeps the tool at an ambient temperature (65-80°F), thereby reducing the wear of the tool. There is no thermal shock and no extreme variations of tool temperature. Independent studies have shown that the ChilAire™ system can increase tool life up to 200%.
It is widely known in the industry, that high-temperatures (heat) are the enemy of cutting tools. As rates of metal removal have increased, so has the need for heat resistant cutting tools. The result has been a progression from high-speed steels to carbide, to ceramics, and other difficult-to-machine materials.
Imagine if there was a way to completely eliminate heat on the cutting tool. The answer is ChilAire™!
The use of ChilAire™ Machine Coolant Systems will save countless dollars on tools and reduce the overall production costs.
Contact Cool Clean with any questions on how our patented ChilAire™ system can improve your bottom line
|Download PDF of Machine Coolant Systems - ChilAire Brochure|
|Download PDF of Machining Coolant - Aerospace Brochure|
|Download PDF of Machining Coolant - Blades Brochure|
|Download PDF of Machining Coolant - Medical Brochure|
|Download PDF of Milling Machine Coolant - Open Machines Brochure|
|Download PDF of Industrial Coolant - Vertical Turret Lathe (VTL) Machine Brochure|